Data processing is any process that uses a computer program to enter data and summarise, analyse or otherwise convert data into usable information. The process may be automated and run on a computer. It involves recording, analysing, sorting, summarising, calculating, disseminating and storing data. Because data are most useful when well-presented and actually informative, data-processing systems are often referred to as information systems. Nevertheless, the terms are roughly synonymous, performing similar conversions; data-processing systems typically manipulate raw data into information, and likewise information systems typically take raw data as input to produce information as output.
Practically all naturally occurring processes can be viewed as examples of data processing systems where "observable" information in the form of pressure, light, etc. are converted by human observers into electrical signals in the nervous system as the senses we recognize as touch, sound, and vision. Even the interaction of non-living systems may be viewed in this way as rudimentary information processing systems. Conventional usage of the terms data processing and information systems restricts their use to refer to the algorithmic derivations, logical deductions, and statistical calculations that recur perennially in general business environments, rather than in the more expansive sense of all conversions of real-world measurements into real-world information in, say, an organic biological system or even a scientific or engineering system.
Types of Data Processing
- Check Processing: Check is important for any business transaction. Check processing helps client to increase online transaction. With accurate processing, they can increase sales, reduce costs and decrease risk.
- Form Processing: There are various forms used in business which must be process properly to get information. This information is very important for any business to take executive decision. Information is available online which can be access through any end point. This will increase the speed of decision.
- Insurance Claim Processing: Insurance is helpful to get reimbursement against loss. Claim for reimbursement is require much processing time. It is also somewhat complicated. Insurance claim processing services can facilitate you for easy and swift reimbursement. They are using automated insurance system which increases the speed as well as accuracy for claim. That helps you to have remittance quickly.
- Image Processing: Image processing is very much requiring for companies to offer attractive look of the catalog. Good looking product images in catalog will increase the sell. Simple scanning and uploading in catalog can create poor presentation of your product. Image processing requires assessment, filtering, removing errors and final touch. These steps improve and optimize the images at professional look.
- Survey Processing: Some times companies are taking surveys to know market feasibility, market reach and customer likeliness. Survey processing helps companies to convert various survey forms to combined information. This combined information helps executives to take proper action with minimum time and risk. This decision helps companies to grow further.
- Survey Processing: Rebate Processing: Rebate is a very excellent way to attract customers. It helps you to get more customer base from the market. It also helps companies to build relationship with customer.